List of Philippine Holidays for 2014
Plan your vacations ahead! (In Photo: Isla de Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo)
The government of the Philippines has just announced the list of official holidays for the year 2014.
Malacañang Palace has issued Proclamation Number 655 dated September 25, 2013 outlining the regular holidays, special non-working holidays and special holidays in 2014.
There will be a total of 10 regular holidays, 7 special non-working days and one special holiday for all schools.
See the complete list of Philippine holidays for 2014 below.
- New Year’s Day – January 1 (Wednesday)
- Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Wednesday)
- Maundy Thursday – April 17
- Good Friday – April 18
- Labor Day – May 1 (Thursday)
- Independence Day – June 12 (Thursday)
- National Heroes Day – August 25 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Sunday)
- Christmas Day – December 25 (Thursday)
- Rizal Day – December 30 (Tuesday)
Special Non-working Days
- Chinese New Year – January 31 (Friday)
- Black Saturday – April 19
- Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Thursday)
- All Saints Day – November 1 (Saturday)
- Additional special non working days – December 24 (Wednesday) and December 26 (Friday)
- Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Wednesday)
Special Holiday (for all Schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Tuesday)
Proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha will be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient.